Sunday, May 30, 2010

Be Yourself

We always heard ppl telling us to be ourself. But sometimes we will also heard ppl telling us to adapt the environment. Does both of this contradict? I'm not sure also.

For me, I think that to be myself is very important. Sure we need to adapt environment. But what do environment means? The surrounding? So to adapt the surrounding do we need to change? Ya, certain behavior maybe need to be changed. For example if you working under a very efficiency environment, you need to do things accordingly and punctually. 

Then does adapt to environment need to change our personality? If you are a person who very stingy, but working with ppl who very generous on money, do you need to change and become generous also? Will you be happy to do so?

Everyone is unique. Everyone has his own identity, own believes, own style. But sometimes without realize we change our style to follow others. If things go well, maybe you will come out to be another person with styles and believes that you tend to follow others. If it doesn't goes well, you will lost your identity, 

Maybe I'm very stubborn or I just want to be unique badly. I tend to not follow others, even sometimes i think the others are good. I know that's not a smart way. For example, i always stick to my own way to say hi by typing 'harlo' no matter there are so many various ways nowadays, which maybe a more in trends way. Some ppl will 'adapt' to the way of 'talking' of his best friend or boss. For instance, when text messaging normally he uses 'thx', but maybe the one who text him more often was using 'tq', then he will 'adapt' to that way. For me, i think that's the lost of uniqueness. 

Well, you can say I'm too egoistic, but I just like to be myself. The unique me!

No comments:

Post a Comment